Caribbean Chicken Thigh Kebabs
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp minced cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet white onion, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4-6 whole mini orange and red mini peppers
- ½ pineapple – save a few whole rings to grill
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro for garnish and butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper – optional
Thanks to Greensbury Market for the chicken that inspired this recipe
Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter or olive oil, 1/3 cup orange juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze a few wedges of the fresh lime juice into sauce and stir in 1 teaspoon minced cilantro. Set aside.
Thread chicken, onion, pineapple and whole mini peppers onto the skewers and brush with the cilantro lime butter marinade. Brush the pineapple rings with marinade and set aside.
Lightly oil the cooking grid. Grill the skewers for 8 to 12 minutes (turning so they don’t burn) or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from the EGG and grill the pineapple rings.
Plate and top with minced cilantro for garnish. If you like your food a bit spicier, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.